Sunday, September 14, 2008

Urban Jesus

This is pretty neat. My church is currently doing a series called Urban Jesus. We're talking about how,

The city changes you. In many ways the city becomes you and you become the city. The church at Corinth allowed the city to change them, even their view of God.

Paul writes the first few chapters of I Corinthians focused on the person of Christ and how Jesus should change even how we live in the city. Urban Jesus is a study on how city dwellers should be transformed by the Gospel of Jesus even more than their city.

I think the graphic for the series is pretty cool too.

Being a part of a church that is continuing the discussion begun by Tim Keller, Ray Bakke, and Bob Lupton, among many others, is pretty fun.

2 comments:

Matt Maldre said...

i was checking out local bloggers on the chicagoblogmap.com and lo and behold I find your blog where you mention that you go to the same church as me. :-)

My blog is over at http://www.spudart.org

It looks like you've got an interesting one here.

Anonymous said...

glad you like the graphic... i made it!