Thursday, February 05, 2009

Mass Transit Spending

Obviously there is a lot of back and forth going on right now as to what exactly the stimulus bill will contain. I will admit that as a transportation design professional I am admittedly biased. I would love to see as much transportation spending as possible.

But I would especially love to see a large influx of funds marked for mass transit spending use. As our nation looks at the role transportation will play in its future, I am a big proponent of the positives an efficient nationwide mass transit system will bring. This article does a better job than I would making this case, and so I encourage you to go check it out. And if you have the opportunity, talk to your representatives and urge them to do what they can to increase transit funding.

3 comments:

Matt Maldre said...

thanks for reading that article. I have yet to read it, but I'm in total agreement that we should be building more mass transit rather than highways.

Matt Maldre said...

oops, i meant to say "thanks for POSTING that article."

Westy said...

Hey, glad to pass it on.

It's gonna be interesting to see what the new transportation bill holds for transit spending.