Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Link of the Day -- Wikipedia

If you haven't found it yet, I'd encourage you to check out the awesome new open-source online encyclopedia called Wikipedia.
The name comes from the web page concept known as a 'wiki', whereby any person can change what's shown on the site.
Basically this is an online encyclopedia that you can contribute to. If you know more than is in an entry, log in and edit it.
The site has become massive, and thus, very useful.
There's lots of room to explore. I could spend hours jumping from page to page.
There's lots cool you can find, and the best part is you can add to it if something is lacking. Say for instance, you want to contribute to Chicago's entry, you can do so here.

2 comments:

pepperdeaf said...

hey westy-

thanks for the posts. i am officially crowning you king of the internet. congratulations.

. . . because of your blog and the links to other websites. . . i have doubled my internet time on certain days.

you are truly a blessing to all procrastinators. thank you and keep up the good work.

Westy said...

Monsieur Pepperdeaf,
I humbly accept your thanks.
I apologize if your time has ever been wasted needlessly, but hopefully you've learned some tidbit in the process.
I appreciate the time you've taken to stop by.
Keep up your own good work, I look forward to future discussion.
-westy