Sunday, September 18, 2005

An Upset

Well, I had a semi-sweet return to my alma mater today. An Illini graduate, I returned to see my sister-in-law play them in soccer. She plays for Indiana State.
Well, let's just say that things didn't go well for nationally-ranked Illinois. The Sycamores shocked the Illini, winning 2-1!
To be honest, this was a huge upset. The Illini were expected to compete for the Big Ten title, and were heavily favored in this matchup. However, in this game, they did not come out with the energy they needed to, lost a couple key players to injury, and subsequently lost to a deserving squad of savvy players. The win marked the first ever victory in the Sycamore soccer program history over a ranked or Big Ten school.
So, I came away sad for the orange and blue, but happy for the great game ISU played. Congratulations gals.

No comments: