Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Relax. The 'Horns will hook 'em.


So college football's national championship game is upon us. It's the much anticipated showdown between the USC Trojans and the Texas Longhorns.

Yes, USC has Heisman winners Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart. Yes, Bush and Leinart will likely be the top two picks of the upcoming NFL draft. Yes, USC is favored by a touchdown. Yes, conventional wisdom says USC will win the national championship yet again.

However, I just wanted to say that I don't think anybody has to worry about all those things for this game. I know, I probably sound like a crazy man, but there is a method to my madness here. It's kind of hard to explain right now. It has something to do with the fact that I watched 9 minutes of the Fiesta Bowl and started to think about some stuff. Maybe I'll be able to explain more later...

2 comments:

Westy said...

Make this 2 votes for the Longhorns. We'll find out tomorrow.

Greg McConnell said...

Well, I just read about the Rose Bowl. Sounds like it was quite the game. Congrats to Texas. What a dream season for them.

When Texas went into Columbus earlier this season and beat Ohio State, I was extremely impressed.

Now, fast forward to the Fiesta Bowl. In short, I was slightly surprised by how overmatched Notre Dame was by OSU, which in turn made UT's win over OSU look all the more impressive. I figured, "Hey, if Texas beat OSU in Columbus, they'll beat USC in the Rose Bowl."

USC almost proved me wrong.

Almost. =)